Bedbugs are the hitchhikers of the world, with hiding skills honed to perfection, hence the reason for control in your business. A worldwide, ever-increasing problem because as people travel more frequently the risk of spreading the infestation increases. These biting pests are also becoming a worsening issue in apartment blocks, care homes, hotels, and student accommodation, as once established they are able to move easily between rooms, spreading the infestation to other areas and as a result of this, they can damage your business reputation and cause serious financial loss.
Bedbugs have been around for over 3500 years with their origins thought to be in the Middle East where bats and humans lived in caves. They can be found almost all over the world but can be found more frequently in developed countries like the USA where bedbug infestations have reached epidemic proportions, especially in New York, Ohio, Florida, and California.
Size: about the size of a wheat germ (approximately 5-7 mm long)
Appearance: Brown and long, with a oval-shaped flat body (if not fed recently)
Life span: 45- 400 days
If you run a business where you rent out rooms, like a hotel or hostel then bedbugs are likely to be a serious problem for your establishment. If your customers find them it can cause financial loss and damage your reputation as well as affect your business reviews. An ever-increasing problem in the UK and very difficult to eradicate on your own if the infestation takes hold. Can easily spread from room to room and is able to live up to one year without feeding making this an extremely serious problem that poses a serious health risk. Bedbug treatment should only be undertaken by a professional company as it is a specialist application which requires knowledge and experience as well as the correct insecticides. Give us a call now to schedule a visit.
Bedbugs can be introduced into a business in a variety of ways. Here are some common ways bedbugs can enter a business:
1. Travel: Bedbugs are excellent hitchhikers and can be brought into a business on luggage, clothing, or other personal belongings of travellers who may have encountered bedbugs in hotels, aeroplanes, or other public transportation.
2. Used furniture: Bedbugs can hide in used furniture, including chairs, sofas, and mattresses. If a business purchase used furniture that has bedbugs, the pests can quickly spread throughout the building.
3. Guests: If a business provides lodging or allows guests to stay on the premises, bedbugs can be brought in by guests who have encountered bedbugs elsewhere.
4. Delivery or shipment:Bedbugs can also be brought into a business through deliveries or shipments of items that have been in contact with bedbugs.
5. Infested neighbouring businesses: If neighbouring businesses have bedbug infestations, bedbugs can easily migrate to your business through cracks in the walls or other openings.
There are several signs that may indicate a bedbug infestation in your business. Here are some common signs to look for:
1. Bites on your skin: Bedbugs feed on human blood, typically at night while you are sleeping. If you wake up with itchy, red bites on your skin, it may be a sign of bedbugs.
2. Bloodstains on sheets: If you crush a bedbug while you are sleeping, it may leave behind bloodstains on your sheets or pillowcases.
3. Faecal stains: Bedbugs leave behind small, dark faecal stains on bedding, furniture, and walls.
4. Shed skins: Bedbugs shed their skins as they grow. You may find small, empty, shell-like skins in areas where bedbugs are present.
5. Live bedbugs: Bedbugs are small, flat, oval-shaped insects that are reddish-brown in colour. You may be able to see them crawling on bedding, furniture, or walls.
If you suspect that you have a bedbug infestation, it is important to take action immediately. Bedbugs can spread quickly and are difficult to eliminate without professional help. Contact a pest control professional to inspect your home or business and recommend a treatment plan.
Yes, it is possible to have bedbugs even if you are not seeing them. Bedbugs are small and can hide in many different places, including cracks and crevices in furniture, walls, and floors. They are also nocturnal, which means they are most active at night and may not be visible during the day.
In some cases, bedbugs may be present in a home or business but may not be detected until there is a significant infestation. Some people may not react to bedbug bites, so they may not be aware that they are being bitten.
Getting rid of bedbugs can be a difficult and time-consuming process, and it may not be possible to eliminate them completely on your own. Bedbugs are highly resilient and can survive for months without feeding. They can also hide in many different places, making it difficult to locate and eliminate all of the bedbugs and their eggs. While there are many DIY methods for treating bedbugs, such as using bedbug sprays, foggers, and traps, these methods are often not effective and can even make the problem worse if not used correctly. In some cases, DIY treatments can cause bedbugs to spread to other areas of the building, making the infestation even more difficult to control. The most effective way to eliminate bedbugs is to hire a professional pest control company. A licensed pest control professional will have the knowledge, equipment, and expertise to thoroughly inspect your business and develop a customized treatment plan to eliminate the bedbugs. They may use a combination of methods, including heat treatments, fumigation, and targeted insecticide applications to ensure that all bedbugs and their eggs are eliminated.
It’s important to address a bedbug infestation as soon as possible to prevent it from becoming worse and to protect the health and safety of your employees and customers.
Prior to a bedbug treatment by a pest control professional, there are several steps you should take to prepare your business. These steps will help ensure that the treatment is effective and that the bedbugs are eliminated as quickly as possible. Here are some common preparations you may need to carry out:
1. Declutter the area: Remove any clutter from the area to be treated, including clothing, linens, and personal belongings. This will allow the pest control professional to access all areas of the room and treat them effectively.
2. Wash and dry all linens and clothing: Wash all linens, including sheets, pillowcases, and blankets, in hot water and dry them on high heat. This will help kill any bedbugs or eggs that may be present.
3. Vacuum all areas: Use a vacuum cleaner to thoroughly vacuum all areas of the room, including furniture, carpets, and baseboards. This will help remove any bedbugs, eggs, or debris that may be present.
4. Move furniture away from walls: Move all furniture away from the walls to allow the pest control professional to treat the entire area.
It’s important to follow the pest control professional’s instructions carefully to ensure that the treatment is effective and that the bedbugs are eliminated completely. Be sure to ask any questions you may have prior to the treatment to ensure that you are fully prepared.
Bedbugs can survive for several months without a blood meal under ideal conditions. However, the exact length of time they can survive without feeding depends on factors such as temperature, humidity, and access to food sources.
At room temperature (around 70°F/21°C) and with moderate humidity, bedbugs can live for about 2-4 months without feeding. However, in cooler temperatures, their metabolism slows down, and they can live for up to a year without feeding.
It’s worth noting that bedbugs will typically try to feed every 5-10 days if they have access to a host. So even though they can survive for months without feeding, they will still seek out blood meals as often as they can.
1 Initial Visit
2 Follow Up
3 Follow Up
Please note that before any treatment commences, the property has to be prepared for treatment. Clear and concise instructions will be given when we take your booking. It is imperative that the preparation instructions are complied with as we are unable to treat premises that have not been prepared correctly.
“I have an excellent team ready to deal with your pest problems so if you need any help at any
time you can contact us via live chat or our contact form and
we will reply back ASAP”
We have been trading for over twenty-five years and have gained a reputation as one of London’s leading pest control providers with our professionalism and customer service, our reviews speak for themselves. We offer 24-hour pest control in and around London.
The Pied Piper has a proven track record and experience covering all types of pest control including Rodents, bed bugs, wasps, fleas, grey squirrels, foxes and birds. We can Identify pest species and signs quickly and take instant action. You can expect high-quality services from expert pest technicians to ensure effective treatment for common pests, seasonal pests, unwanted pests, bed bug infestations, and other pests.
The Pied Piper places health and safety above all else when dealing with the public. Our pest control procedures are safe for people and pets. Our local technicians are constantly attending the latest courses and have regular safety training to carry out their work safely. We use pest control chemicals that are safe for use and we use the best pest control methods provided by pest control professionals. So, you can ensure quality pest removal services from us.
The Pied Piper can also provide your home or business with the following additional services and expertise as these would be an extension of the pest control solutions we provide. Our pest control technicians take pest control contracts seriously and put immense effort into ensuring the best quality services for you.
Call or message us and we will arrange for a member of our team to contact you
We will discuss your pest problem and quote you over the phone or arrange a survey and email you a quote asap
Our BPCA qualified technicians will attend your property to provide pest control treatments
We will make sure that after your treatment program is complete your premises will be clear of any pests